The Petrol Pump sector is undeniably one of India’s and also the world’s most lucrative sectors. The main reason is the never-ending and ever-increasing demand in the transportation and logistics industry, notably for daily commute. Despite the fact that it requires a significant amount of paperwork and legal processes, as well as a hefty investment with an uncertain return on investment, it remains one of the country’s top income-generating industries.
The public and private sector Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) that provide certifications and licences to fuel entrepreneurs include Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd. (BPCL), Indian Oil Corp. (IOC), Hindustan Petroleum Corp. Ltd. (HPCL), Reliance Petroleum Ltd., Essar Oil Ltd., Indraprastha Gas Ltd. (IGL), Oil and Natural Gas Corp. Ltd. (ONGC), and others.
Let us walk you through the standard stages of owning a petrol pump business which is generally regarded as difficult and time-consuming.
Procedures for getting a petrol pump station licence
- In the first step you have to go to the offices of any of the nearby fuel pump companies, such as HP, Indian Oil, Essar, and Reliance Petroleum.
- After a long wait, they will send a surveyor to your property to evaluate and assess its features and compatibility.
- However, they won’t allow you to start your fuel bunk business right away! They will release the information in the form of a tender to the main media, and if you win the tender, you will be given the opportunity to launch a business in your region.
- The next stage in the process of building a petrol station is to choose an appropriate piece of land after getting the relevant permits.
Minimum conditions to finalise the land area that must be met
- Petroleum companies usually advertise sanctioned land tracts. As a consequence, a person must check that their property falls under that category before filing an application.
- Thus it becomes a prerequisite for anybody interested in learning how to open a petrol pump station must first meet the following land requirements: Applicants must own or lease the property for the time period determined by the oil dealership.
- This land should be developed and levelled, as well as being easily accessible.
- All legal paperwork for this land must be in order for the verification process to take place, which itself is a time-consuming process.
- Depending on the location, this land should be at least 800 square metres to 2000 square metres in size.
Petrol Pump Investment
- The cost of land varies depending on the land value, which typically ranges between 1.5 and 2 crore rupees.
- Money in rotation ranges from 15–25 lakhs in savings accounts, fixed deposits, and mutual funds, with deposit amounts ranging from 30 lakhs to 40 lakhs.
- The entire minimum investment necessary to open a fuel station is 72 lakhs – 2.67 crores.
- Around 6-7 people are recruited to manage a fuel pump company. In addition, a vehicle should be booked to transport 4000 litres of fuel to the gas station. Other operating expenditures, in addition to these charges, might add up to Rs. 96,000 monthly.
Isn’t it quite an investment? But what if we told you that the customary exorbitant cost of running a fuel station may now be significantly lowered by using a mobile petrol pump? Repos Energy’s doorstep diesel delivery is a real game-changer that simplifies the time-consuming procedure of obtaining permission to operate a fuel pump while simultaneously lowering costs.
The Repos App, an energy e-commerce platform, provides potential entrepreneurs with an end-to-end solution. We provide the best-in-class PESO-approved mobile fuel pumps, as well as legal and professional help such as GST and MSME, at a competitive price, without the stress of obtaining the necessary documentation and licences. We get your fuel business up and running by taking care of all of the requirements under one roof. From collecting all of the EOI filings, government permits, and chassis purchases to assembling the IoT Mobile Petrol Pump with our connections to their consumers, we’ve got you covered.
Why is a Repos Mobile Petrol Pump a better option than a conventional gas station?
You must have realised by now that the advantages of the Repos Mobile Petrol Pump are tough to miss. But first, let us do a full comparison study to show you why RMPP is a better option for you.
|Repos Mobile Petrol Pump||Physical Pump Petrol Pump|
|No hassle on getting all the documentation done for being a fuel entrepreneur||Can be time-consuming and take an indefinite amount of time to get all the licences and paperwork done|
|The initial investment is 25-30 Lakhs||The initial investment can range from 70 Lakhs to 30 Crore|
|Break-even time achieved in less than a year with the sale of 5KL of diesel per month.||Time to reach break-even is indefinite|
|Does not require investment in land||Requires a land investment of around 1.5-2 crore to set up land for the physical petrol pump|
|Negligible manpower/operational cost||Considerable expenditure on operational and miscellaneous expenses.|
The Repos Mobile Petrol Pump, according to the analysis, might be a perfect alternative not only for aspiring fuel entrepreneurs but also for current petrol pump owners who want to grow their company at a smaller investment.
Before we wind up
With diesel, Repos has transformed the method of supplying energy to industry. We are sure that by focusing on one energy at a time, we will soon be able to make all clean energies accessible to end-users with a single tap on a phone.